Purpose of the trust and planned measures
- The main goal of the trust, and thereby its centrepiece, is the establishment of a hospital specialising in "water-borne diseases". The hospital will include a research centre and a laboratory that will seek solutions for improving the water quality in the region.
- Establishment and support of a home for the elderly and a children's day school under one roof: a pilot project that will provide more contact and communication amongst the generations.
- Expansion of the already existing project "Doctors on Tour" (doctors who travel to the villages), for free medical treatment in the countryside.
- Establishment and oversight of an exchange project for yoga, Ayurveda, traditional crafts and culture.
- Training facilities in the Real Time Yoga Resort for cooking, service, front office, housekeeping and spa therapy.
- Establishment and management of a shop/platform for arts and crafts from the region. This is intended to support the local small and micro businesses.
Financing the trust
- The Real Time Ayurveda and Yoga Resort will be an important source of income for the trust. It will be privately funded by trust founders Cristian Reymond and Rolf Nungesser. The resort pursues a for-profit commercial purpose. The various social projects of the trust will be supported with a predetermined portion of the revenue. The resort offerings will include yoga lessons, ayurvedic treatments, ayurvedic cooking courses, pujas (Hindu ritual), chanting sessions and excursions in the region. (The work in the resort should be seen as a joyful, natural contribution to the trust.) The resort guests are kept informed of the trust's work and are welcome to visit the facilities and participate actively.
- Sponsors and donation funds from Switzerland and abroad are a key source of income. Financial contributions from small and large enterprises are just as important as funds donated by private persons.
- Important synergies are created in collaboration with other NGOs, which also lowers costs.